Noble Capital — Noble goals, delivered with Noble intentions, with immaculate Noble service.LEARN MORE
Position: System Administrator
Office Location: N. MoPac Expressway, Austin, TX
Reports to: IT Director
Salary: $50,000 – $60,000 per year
Apply: Please send your resume and a cover letter detailing your experience and why you think you’re a good fit for this job to firstname.lastname@example.org with “System Administrator” in the subject line.
Summary of Role
We are a small but rapidly growing company looking for an IT generalist and system administrator to help us maintain our operations and keep up with expansion. Our main office is in Austin, with smaller satellite offices in Dallas and Houston. This role is a mix between high-level strategic needs such as infrastructure planning and hands-on support for users in the office. This role will have wide leeway to design and implement new solutions, overhaul existing processes, and present ideas and justifications to management.
● Manage a fleet of ~100 Windows workstations in an AD environment, provide quick turnaround on hardware and software failures, provision new systems, and schedule replacement of aging machines.
● Manage a mix of Windows and Linux servers hosted onsite and in Amazon Web Services. Servers are primarily used for SQL databases and web applications.
● Assist end users with software and hardware support issues.
● Automate and monitor backups of fileservers and databases.
● Manage VOIP deployments, both hosted and on-premises.
● Evaluate and negotiate with third-party service and equipment providers.
● Thoroughly document infrastructure, plans, and processes.
● Plan and deploy infrastructure for new offices, expansions, and relocations.
● Design and implement new technical solutions for business needs as they arise.
● Work with stakeholders and application developers to design new workflow improvements.
● 3 years minimum experience in system administration, L2+ technical support, information security, network administration, or a related role.
● Work history must have examples of planning and design of technical solutions, not just deployment and support.
● Windows Active Directory configuration experience.
● Basic exposure to at least one relational database system.
● Proficiency in a general purpose scripting language, preferably PowerShell, bash, or Python.
● Mastery of Acronis, WSUS, or similar solutions for deploying and updating workstations.
● Basic networking knowledge equivalent to CCNA1 or above. (An actual certification is not a requirement.)
● Demonstrable strong writing skills.
● Report writing or query design involving a relational database is strongly desired.
● Basic HTML/CSS/JS skills for maintaining or troubleshooting existing sites.
● Generalist programming skills.